MWRRG procures and manages multi-council contracts for waste management and resource recovery services and facilities.
The benefits that multi-council contracts deliver include:
- long term service security at an affordable cost to councils
- greater combined quantities to attract technology solutions
- cost effective access to specialist consultants and MWRRG’s expertise
- centralised contract management
- single administration of service provision provided by MWRRG
- the achievement of LG Act Procurement Exemptions.
MWRRG has the following legislative requirements under the Environment Protection Act 1970:
- to facilitate the development of contracts for the joint procurement of waste management and resource recovery services and facilities within our region
- to manage contracts in the performance of our objectives and functions
- to undertake waste and resource recovery projects funded by government, councils and other organisations.
The procurement process
Last updated: 21/08/2018