MWRRG 2019-22 Business Plan published
The 2019-22 MWRRG Business Plan has been published. It builds on the significant progress MWRRG has made towards fulfilling our ambitious agenda outlined in the Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Implementation Plan.
Highlights from the business plan include:
- An increased focus on food and green waste recycling as more councils offer their residents food waste recycling services. We will support councils with behaviour change programs and an expanded Back to Earth Initiative.
- Build on the whole of state government approach to buffer protection and continue to support buffer protection across the state by providing technical support to regional Waste and Resource Recovery Groups on land use planning issues.
- Leading the development of two new plans for waste and resource recovery hubs of state importance, following the successful completion of three hub plans in 2018-19.
- Working with the commercial and industrial sector to create awareness, change behaviour and find solutions for their food and plastic waste streams. We will publish our Commercial and Industrial Waste Strategy and develop an action plan to support its implementation.
- Continue delivering projects which will help reduce waste to landfill, including procurement of advanced waste processing in Melbourne’s south east and improved rates of recycling through collaborative procurement of recycling services.
Last updated: 18/02/2020