Forum: Kerbing illegal dumping - new directions, initiatives and legislative changes
MWRRG and EPA Victoria have teamed up to share with you the latest research, initiatives and new changes to the Environment Protection Act to kerb illegal dumping in Victoria.
At this forum you will learn from projects that focus on research, collaboration, education and engagement, enforcement or surveillance to reduce illegal dumping.
You will also have the opportunity to network with peers and stakeholders from across the state.
This forum is for anyone who has an interest or concern about illegal dumping:
- council officers - waste education, sustainability, local laws, planning, enforcement, cleansing and environmental health
- state government and agencies – policy, program development, research and regulatory
- community groups – research, advocacy, volunteers and data collection.
Topics and speakers:
- Introducing the Environment Protection Amendment Act 2018 and Q&A – Dru Marsh, Senior Legal Policy Officer, EPA Victoria
- Environment Protection Act 1970 Q&A – Yana Podolskaya, Principal Solicitor Team Leader, EPA Victoria
- Social research into understanding the cultural, social and systemic factors contributing to illegal dumping in metropolitan Melbourne – Jess Hand, Program Coordinator, MWRRG
- EPA’s OPLE and councils working with landholders to reduce illegal dumping and stockpiling on rural properties - Kristen O’Halloran, Officer for the Protection of Local Environment (OPLE) - Loddon, Buloke & Central Goldfields councils
- Reducing charity store dumping through collaboration – Travis Finlayson, Community Safety Officer, Mornington Peninsula Shire and Michael Skudutis, Senior Operations & Sustainability Manager, Salvos Stores
- Clayton Zone Beautification Project – Connie Lambe, Sustainable Monash Project Officer, City of Monash
- DumpInData and 2019 Waste Education Conference update – Elaine Fernandes, Project Lead – Litter, Sustainability Victoria
- Peer to peer Q&A
A full agenda will be published shortly.
Tuesday 18 June 2019
9.15am registration, 9.30am – 4.00pm forum
From 4.00pm onwards – informal networking and conversations
Places are limited – register by 4.00pm Tuesday 11 June 2019.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. For catering purposes please indicate any special dietary requirements.
Help us avoid food waste – if you have registered but can no longer make it, please let Jess Hand know ASAP.
For more information please contact Jess Hand, Program Coordinator – Litter and Illegal Dumping on 8698 9841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event takes place on:
18 June 2019 9:15 AM - 4 PM (in 28 days)
Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
Register for this event
Last updated: 10/05/2019